Chocolate Chickpea Cake
Makes an 8-10″ thin cookie style cake
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas they dry out quickly after cooking so add a splash of water if they’re not just cooked. if they are from a can, then there's no need to cook them.
- ¼ cup honey go for more for a "normally" sweet cake
- 2 eggs or egg substitute
- ½ tsp vanilla paste or extract
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Oat Flour or any nut flour
- Pinch salt
- Chocolate buttons or chunks
Put the chickpeas in the blender and blend them until they are as smooth as they’ll go.
Add the honey and vanilla and blend again, then the eggs.
When all of that is combined, add in the dry ingredients and blend just enough to incorporate it all.
Spread into a 8-10” cake tin/skillet/dish and add 10ish chocolate buttons on top or some chocolate chips or chunks. Or leave them off, it’s flexible!
Cook about 20 mins on 150C/350F or until it’s just firm to the touch.
Eat warm or let it cool. ?? ✨